Position: Stellenbosch, South Africa
The Quality Assurance (QA) team is looking for someone who has a passion for quality and researching new technologies that will solve software development challenges. The QA team is integral to building Entersekt’s cutting-edge security software, and as an Automation Engineer you are an equal among Developers with a passion for building quality software.
You will support the Lead Automation Engineer in extending and maintaining our state-of-the-art test automation framework, and partner with QA Analysts to design and execute automated tests for releases. As part of evolving our highly successful framework, you will leverage industry-leading technologies such as Node.js, Cucumber, Appium, and Docker. You will be expected to stay abreast of the latest trends and recommend improvements to the framework and quality assurance toolset. Besides technical acumen, you will need to help maintain Engineering’s ‘quality bar’ by contributions such as analysing functional and non-functional test results, recommending corrective action and providing feedback to Developers and Architects that determine platform and application capabilities of the end-to-end system.
Entersekt is a leader in our domain, with a global presence, so we set the bar high. The more of the following you can offer, the better suited you will be for the position.
- Computer Science or related degree
- 4+ years’ development experience
- Competent open source software developer
- Comfortable working with Linux and a scripting language such as Node.js, Python, or PHP
- Experience configuring systems for automated testing
- Experience testing product functionality with SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Able to multitask and balance immediate and long-term tasks and requirements
- Strong analytical and investigative problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Apply for this position by emailing your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.