REGIONAL GENERAL MANAGER
Position: Johannesburg, South Africa
In this leadership position, you will take responsibility for managing and developing Entersekt’s business in South Africa. In addition to maintaining existing business, you will liaise with the Entersekt headquarters in Stellenbosch on an ongoing basis to identify and secure new growth opportunities for expanding Entersekt’s footprint in South Africa.
You will own the P&L for the region. This position reports to Entersekt’s CEO.
The following functional areas of the region will report to you as General Manager:
- First-line customer support
- Project management and solutions consulting
- Key account management
- New business development
- Office/branch infrastructure
- Contract negotiation
Your key responsibilities in your region will be:
- Developing and executing a strategic plan by studying market opportunities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key customers on senior level.
- Building and fostering strategic relationships in conjunction with HQ to further Entersekt’s success in the region.
- Ensuring that Entersekt’s customer approval levels remain high.
- Setting and achieving aggressive business growth targets through new business acquisition and development.
- Guiding regional sales based on market information.
- Accomplishing regional objectives by formalizing plans, budgets, and metrics, as well as allocating resources, reviewing progress, and responding to the market as required.
- Coordinating regional activities such as field sales, project management, technical support and solutions management with support from HQ, taking guidance on best practices from different functional areas.
- Establishing cooperative relationships with other Regional General Managers and HQ, thereby facilitating central functions.
- Advising HQ on local policies and practices.
- Coordinating actions with HQ staff.
- Collaborating with customers to establish Entersekt as a trusted provider, offering feedback on the customer’s perspective to Marketing and Products.
- Building the company image by cultivating ethical business practices.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organisational standards.
- Acting as an evangelist for Entersekt and our products by hosting and participating in industry events.
- Acting as a subject matter expert for media and marketing.
- Reviewing company publications and participating in professional societies.
- Interfacing with Marketing to ensure that the Entersekt brand is maintained and developed in the region as a leading supplier to financial services.
- Managing the region’s office facilities and employees.
To apply for this role, you need to have:
- At minimum, a relevant Bachelor's degree, and preferably an MBA
- 15+ years of experience in the information technology or financial services industry, with a proven success record in directing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- 7+ years of comprehensive, specialized experience in successfully engaging and developing a top-notch interdisciplinary team
The following is strongly recommended:
- Enterprise sales experience
- Experience of software product management
- A demonstrated ability to cultivate and manage positive and successful client relationships, including on senior level
- A technical background
- A commercially-oriented outlook
Apply for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org.