REGIONAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Position: Johannesburg, South Africa
At Entersekt, we are working on building an extraordinary customer experience, and we are looking for exceptional people to help us realize that vision.
What does this mean for you as an applicant? First and foremost, it means that you must enjoy communicating with customers - whether that requires a phone call, an email, or assisting with the creation and expansion of our knowledge base resources. Secondly, you must know your way around a computer, as well as be fairly familiar with product and software development lifecycles and how end-to-end software solutions and services are supported.
This is essential, as on the one hand you have to be able to understand our solution to the extent that you are able to support clients. On the other hand, the support team also writes and uses queries, analyzes logs, parses data, trouble-shoots with upstream third-party providers, and interfaces with downstream customer systems.
You must enjoy working in a team, but more than that, you must be able and willing to work with other teams to accomplish shared goals. This requires humility, a drive towards self-improvement, and a desire to expand your knowledge set above and beyond the direct requirements of your duties.
You may be required to travel into the region (South and Sub-Saharan Africa) from time to time to assist with implementation, rollouts, upgrades or training.
- A tertiary qualification (diploma or degree) in Engineering or IT
- At least 3 years’ work experience supporting proprietary or custom products and solutions in the ICT/technology sector (i.e. not standard workplace applications)
- Experience in advanced (tier 3-4) support of enterprise clients
- Experience in the use of incident management tools and systems (Jira, CRM, SysAid, Salesforce Desk, etc.)
- A proven track record in solving complex technical and system-level issues
- An overall understanding of IT infrastructure and networking, including mobile networks and devices, from a troubleshooting perspective
- A basic understanding of how Linux, mySQL, Java, web service APIs and Python, or similar technologies, work from a support perspective (i.e. be able to query and analyze databases, transaction workflows and logs for troubleshooting purposes)
- Experience working with development and engineering teams in a product development organization (beneficial)
- Exposure to financial services or telecommunications industries (beneficial)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on confidence, flexibility and professionalism – this is key to the position
- Attention to detail
- Systematic approach to problem-solving
- Professional attitude and behavior, as well as being customer-focused
- Ability to build relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Handling of escalated cases and incidents from various regions and territories
- Managing and driving of hot issues and system-wide incidents to closure
- Acting as a coordination point for the regional sales team
- Engaging cross-functional stakeholders and coordinating the resolution of issues
- Assisting with process development and workshopping of problems and challenges
- Assisting with the scoping of support tools
- Attending of development and other meetings that require support input
- Performing standby (for system alarms and client emergencies) on a rotating basis
Apply for this position by emailing your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.